Why is a hottub so relaxing? And what are the health benefits?
There are many things that contribute as to why a hottub is relaxing and they all work together as one.
- Heated water can help improve blood circulation. With better blood circulation, you get to be more relaxed as your blood pressure normalizes. (see pdf)
- Hydromassage lightly massages your muscles, removing any stiffness due to tension buildup.
- Buoyancy removes the pressure of the gravity from your joints, which is especially good for those suffering from arthritis pain. But there are even more health benefits of a hot tub.
Health benefits of a hot tub
Soaking in a hot tub is seen as an image of luxury and relaxation. But there are also astounding health benefits of a hot tub.
Those benefits of a hot tub are the following:
- it can indirectly help with weight loss
- it helps improve the quality of athletic training
- it aids in the relief of arthritis pain
- it can help cure hypertension
- it promotes healthy glowing skin
- it alleviates headaches like migraine
- it relaxes both mind and body to reduce stress
Studies show that immersing the body in hot water balances our nervous system, which facilitates the release of dopamine. Dopamine is a neurotransmitter that helps control the brain’s reward and pleasure center, combating the harmful effects of stress.
What seems to be a luxurious way of relaxing, is actually a form of natural therapy that can definitely improve your health and your way of life.